* George Survant: 2016 AF Professional Fleet Manager of the Year (COVER STORY)
Survant was honored during the Automotive Fleet & Leasing Association (AFLA) conference in San Diego.
* Fleet Managers Are Meeting Change Head On
Fleet Managers are taking industry changes in stride and are successfully adapting to this brave new world.
* 2016 Fleet Hall of Fame Inductees
Recognized industry leaders and pioneers contribute significantly to the commercial fleet management experience.
SPECIAL REPORT: 2016 Operating Costs
* Operating Costs Remain Flat for Fourth Consecutive Year
With fuel representing 60% of a fleet's total operating costs, lower fuel prices are keeping overall fleet costs flat.
* Analysis of Fleet Fuel Spend in 2016 & the Forecast for 2017
The stability of gasoline and diesel pricing over the past 36 months has been the No. 1 factor contributing to keeping fleet operating costs flat.
* Stable Commodity Prices Keep Replacement Tire Costs Flat
Replacement tire prices for CY-2016 are flat because of less volatility in the global prices of commodities used to manufacture tires, namely oil, rubber, and steel.
* Fleet Maintenance & Repair Costs Remain Flat in CY-2016
The primary factor keeping prices flat was overall vehicle quality.
* PM Transaction Costs Up But Longer Intervals Keep Costs Flat
The auto OEMs continue to adopt more stringent motor oil requirements, which increases the cost of each PM service.
* How to Curb Aggressive Driving Behaviors
Speeding, sudden lane changes, and failure to yield are the most common aggressive driving behaviors that lead to fatal crashes.
* VW & Audi 2017 Fleet Preview
More than 90 fleet managers and suppliers attended the two-day fleet preview, which included product demonstrations and ride-and-drive.
On the Web Personnel Personals
Market Trends Used-Vehicle Prices
Industry News Ad Index
Fuel Management Editorial