Read on to find:
* Best Practices in Fuel Management (COVER STORY) - Managing fuel is about so much more than a price tag. Fuel professionals share insight into best practices for fleets to get a handle over rising costs, cut down on fuel use, and keep track of purchases.
* Learning to Operate a Crane - Bobit Business Media editors learned how to operate a truck-mounted crane with help from equipment manufacturer Stellar Industries and custom truck builder Phenix Enterprises.
* Part 1: The Benefits of a Service Level Agreement with an Upfitter - This two-part article examines the pros and cons of a service level agreement (SLA) with an upfitter. Part 1 examines the advantages of an SLA and how to correctly structure its metrics.
* Part 2: 10 Disadvantages to Using an Upfitter Service Level Agreement - Standardized delivery timelines stipulated in an SLA can create unrealistic expectations. Also, the relationship can become transactional in nature, with a risk of damaging the relationship if there are penalties for missed metrics.
* Comparing Vans by Lifecycle Cost - This analysis shows that ownership costs for vans with similar powertrains, GVWR, and capacities can vary by manufacturer as much as $9,000.
* Sprinter Charges Ahead - Since its introduction to the North American market two decades ago, European-style vans have become a mainstay in the fleet industry. The van that started it all in America continues forging into the future.
* FMCSA Approves Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse - The clearinghouse database is a central repository with records of commercial driver's license holders violating the FMCSA drug and alcohol testing program.
On the Web Regulatory Issues
Mail Stop Truck Products
Truck News End of Frame