* Higher Labor & Parts Cots Drive Up Maintenance 507% in CY-2017 (SPECIAL REPORT)
Although repair incidents were flat, other fleet-related maintenance expenses were up in calendar-year 2017, primarily in labor rates and parts prices. PM costs were up around 3%, while replacement tire costs increased 5-10%.
* Fleet Preventive Maintenance Costs Increase 3% in CY-2017
Extended oil-drain intervals have helped to offset increases in the cost of motor oil because of the expanded use of synthetic oils and cartridge oil filters. Higher labor rates in CY-2017 exerted upward pressure on PM costs.
* Replacement Tire Costs Increased 5-10% in CY-2017
For the past four years, tire costs have been stable. But, new cost pressures have emerged in 2017, due to higher prices for the commodities used to manufacture tires and the trend to larger diameter, more expensive tires.
* Interview: Ed Peper of GM Fleet - GM's Commercial Fleet Sales Increase 11% in CY-2017
In addition, General Motors fleet sales to governmental political subdivisions were up 5% in CY-2017. this was the first time in 25 years that commercial and government sales for GM have been greater than daily rental deliveries.
* Meet Safelite's Erin Gilchrist
A special interest in safety has been one propelling factor throughout Gilchrist's 11 years in the fleet industry.
* 2018 Mazda CX-3
The Mazda CX-3 was updated for the 2018 model year with the addition of several new standard features, many of which fleet managers with an eye for safety will love.
* The Global Fleet Conference Heads to Rome for 2018
The conference has sold out every year since its inception in 2013; early registration is highly recommended.
On the Web Personnel Personals
Letters Ad Index
Market Trends Editorial