Read on to find:
* Leaner, Cleaner, and Greener - New greenhouse gas regulations will drive greater use of aerodynamics and light weighting in truck designs - and could accelerate the comeback of hybrid and all-electric drivetrains.
* Comparing Vans by Lifecycle Cost: This analysis shows that ownership costs for vans with similar powertrains, GVWR, and capacities can vary by manufacturer as much as $9,000.
* 'Ergonomic Do's and Don'ts of Cargo Handling - When workers load and unload vehicle cargo and equipment, improper ergonomic behavior can result in musculoskeletal injuries. Here are some suggestions to correct the don'ts of cargo handling.
* Updated Trucks Keep Nonprofit's Fleet Costs Down (COVER STORY) - Idaho Youth Ranch has improved fleet efficiency through initiatives such as mobile technicians and electronic routing, as well as by adding new Kenworth T270 leased trucks to its fleet.
* Customized Van Helps Groomer Run Mobile Salon - With the help of a mobile pet grooming van manufacturer, this pet grooming operator can run a mobile salon from her van.
* Sausage Supplier Saves 50% on Fuel Switching to Propane - Propane autogas was an easy transition for this meat delivery fleet, which already had an onsite propan tank for building power and was able to secure a grant to cover 70% of the conversion cost.
* Short-Haul Exceptions to the Rule - Are local operators subject to the same federal regulations as over-the-road trucking companies? The exceptions are based on air-mile radius and affect whether the driver ust maintain a driver's log.
Exhaust Lifecycle Costs
Road Signs Fuel Index
Showroom Revving Up