Read on to find:
* How to Take the Right Steps in Vehicle Acquisitions (COVER STORY - The process of purchasing new vehicles isn't as simple as it looks. There are best practices fleets can use to make sure they get the right vehicle for the right price.
* Avoid Mistakes in Safety & Accident Analytics - Consistency, focus, and making data-driven decisions are just a few steps fleet managers can take to avoid common analytical mistakes.
* Implementing Successful Strategies to Help Cut Fleet Costs - Reducing fleet costs is a leading concern for fleet managers. Fleet Financials conducted a roundtable of fleet managers, to learn about successful ways to curtail top fleet costs.
* 14 Ways to Minimize Fleet Tax Liabilities - Decisions made by a fleet manager can result in unnecessary property and sales taxes. There are changes, within a fleet manager's authority, that can be implemented to help your company avoid paying more taxes than necessary.
* Repair or Replace: Making the Right Call - After an accident or major equipment failure, fleet managers often have to make a hard decision to either repair or replace the damaged vehicle. There is no right or wrong answer, but fleets need to keep safety and the bottom line in sight.
* How to Measure True Fleet Cost Savings - It is the most important key performance indicator (KPI) your management looks for: cost savings. There are a number of ways to measure them. But, it's also important to develop strategies to measure savings that management will like.
* Jaguar's New 'Cat' in Jungle - Jaguar's 2017 model-year XE will stalk its way into the competitive entry-level luxury vehicle segment. The automaker is taking a more aggressive approach to fleet sales.
Driver Safety 101: Braking, Steering, and Scanning the Road - A former police officer and crash reconstruction specialist shares his top driving tips to help fleets maintain safer driving techniques - hopefully leading to fewer collisions on the road.
On the Web
Letters to the Editor