Read on to find:
* ADP's Michael Bieger Named 2015 Fleet Executive of the Year - Bieger has led the ADP fleet for the past decade, where he has simplified procedures, increased efficiency, and launched a global safety program. Fleet operations and policies reflect ADP's core values.
* Fleets Face a Rising Tide of Accidents - On-the-job fatalities for fleet drivers are at the highest rate in six years. With several increased risk factors at play, fleet managers must be sure to adopt risk management systems that monitor, measure, and change driver behavior.
* Ford and HP Using Big Data to Better Manage Fleet & Personalize Drives - In late 2014, Ford Motor Company and Hewlett Packard (HP) embarked on an experiment to analyze how HP employees were using their company vehicles. The results may have long-term effects on how fleets and consumers alike will interact with their vehicles.
* Five Counterintuitive Tips to Running a More Efficient Fleet - It's sometimes called "thinking outside the box," or "pushing the envelope." Whatever the phrase, sometimes fleet managers must go against the grain, and take actions that run counter to conventional wisdom.
* How to Avoid Being the 'Dirty Harry' of Fleet Enforcement - Fleet managers have a great deal invested in the enforcement of fleet policy. Sometimes, circumstances make that part of the job difficult; it may be easy to say "go ahead, make my day," but that's counterproductive.
On the Web
Letters to the Editor