Read on to find:
* Michael Ahart: 2016 Fleet Executive of the Year (COVER STORY) - Dean Foods' vice president of transportation has modernized the milk products fleet by improving safety, increasing efficiency, and adding alternative-fueled vehicles.
* Exciting Advances in Driver Risk Assessment Are Now Available - New tools that can help fleets more closely monitor fleet driver behavior, better identify high-risk drivers and improve the bottom line.
* How to Improve Your Fleet Safety Program - Consistency and company-wide buy-in of the program will help support the foundations that are put into place.
* Effective Strategies to Reduce Vendor Fees and Total Cost of Ownership - Although total cost of ownership is usually thought of in terms of fixed and variable vehicle expenses, vendor fees play a role as well. Here are some strategies fleet managers can use to reduce both.
* Tire Survey Breaks Down Fleet Flat Tire Spend - Fleet Financials' inaugural tire survey asked fleet managers how much flat tires deflated the bottom line. The answers provided an in-depth look at a perennial challenge.
On the Web
Letters to the Editor