Read on to find:
* Standardizing to Streamline Operations (COVER STORY) - Some fleets have been able to save on parts, increase efficiency, and target their technician training by standardizing vehicles. Fleet managers share their experiences and a few best practices.
* Software Switch: Key Takeaways in Transitioning to a New FMIS - Switching or upgrading to a new fleet management information system (FMIS) is a time-consuming project that can take up to a year. Here's what to know before you start.
* What You Need To Know About the Volkswagen Settlement - The automaker will spend billions of dollars through its diesel settlement, including buybacks, repairs, and two potential sources of funding that fleets should be aware of.
* Shaving Off Cents Per Gallon: Using Cooperative Procurement to Reduce Fuel Costs - Neighboring public fleets can work together to cooperatively purchase fuel at lower prices. Two cooperative fuel contracts in Oregon and California have saved public agencies hundreds of thousands of dollars.
* Chevrolet Bolt EV Electrifies Public Fleets - The 2017 Chevrolet Bolt's biggest advantages are its 238-mile range and more affordable price point.
* Diligent Maintenance Keeps City of Napa on the Road' - Severe droughts in much of California have finally abated - through heavy rain and flooding. Here's how the City of Napa fleet prepared for and responded to the state's rare record rainfall.
* A Digger Derrick That Delivers Smooth Functionality
* Boom Truck Series Offers Two-in-One Versatility
On the Web
As I See It