Read on to find:
* When Should You Change Your Oil? (COVER STORY) - Fleets analyzing oil samples can determine if their maintenance cycles are done at the right time and also identify maintenance issues before they become bigger problems.
* Preventing Microbes & Contamination: How to Maintain Stored Diesel Fuel - Diesel fuel stored for long periods of time - such as in backup generators - is prone to degradation. This can lead to equipment failure when the time comes to use it. Here's what fleet managers can do to maintain their stored diesel fuel.
* 2017 Police Vehicles - Fleet managers in law enforcement have a variety of options to choose from. The latest offerings from Chevrolet, Dodge, and Ford deliver a number of features for increased power, safety, and efficiency.
* Will Your Exempt Employees Still Be Exempt in December? - New changes to the rules governing overtime from the Department of Labor will impact 4.2 million employees and have particularly negative effects on small local governments, small businesses, and non-profits.
* More Opportunities Than Challenges - The City of Tampa, Fla., fleet has hit its stride, with a staff consisting of a dream team, support from department heads, and an interim fleet manager keen on networking with neighboring fleets.
* Dealing with Delayed Delivery Schedules - Late vehicle deliveries can throw off a government agency's operations and leave fleet managers scrambling to keep older vehicles running. We spoke to a few fleets about how they have dealt with delivery delays.
* A Fuel-Saving Wheel Loader for All Four Seasons
* A More Durable, Fuel-Efficient Landfill Compactor
On the Web
As I See It